Note: Anygui is no longer being actively
developed or supported. These pages are not up to date.
- Should I use Anygui for my project?
- Probably not. The project is no longer active and the code base (in CVS)
has not reached a stable state.
- Which version of Python is required for Anygui?
- Anygui requires Python version 2.1 (Jython 2.1b1) or newer.
- I'm having problems using CVS...
- See our download and
links pages for more information.
- I've tried everything, but I can't use SSH with CVS on
- Have you remembered logging in to cvs.anygui.sf.net
through SSH first? (This need only be done once.) Also note that
this is only for developers.
- I'm having trouble with my event handlers
- The way event handlers work has changed after the release of 0.1.1.
To quote Practical
Python (p. 339):
In Anygui releases up to and including 0.1.1, event handlers receive
information in the form of keyword arguments, rather than event objects.
[...] If you're using 0.1.1, simply change the event handlers from this
def someEventHandler(event): ...
def someEventHandler(**kwds): ...
- What are these hats I keep hearing about?
- They are Edward de Bono's six thinking hats, used
to structure the group process of the Anygui team. (For
more information, see here,
or buy the
Here is an extremely simplified overview:
|White:||Objective, information, only the
|Red:||Subjective, intuition, opinions,
|Green:||Creative, speculative, 'everything
|Blue:||Meta-hat, overview, for thinking about the